Monday, March 2, 2009

So What's for dinner???

I have found the use of a meal plan so very helpful.  It takes some time and a little effort but it is paying off in enormous savings each month in our grocery budget and it is saving my heart from clogged arteries due to eating out too often.  

So how to get started.  I recommend beginning with a 2 week plan.  Open up your calendar and see what the next 2 weeks are going to bring for you and your family.  Are there nights where you will barely have time to eat??  Will you be entertaining??  Use these cues to help you plan the meals that you and your family enjoy.  Put easy recipes for the busy nights and ones that take a little more time on the evening that you are entertaining.  Compile the recipes and formulate your shopping list.  That really is all there is to it.  It takes a little time and a little discipline and you will reap the benefits.  I have been using this method for quite a few months and can testify to its benefits.

Many of you have been asking for my meal plan as well as for the recipes.  I am going to try to help you out.  Remember my meal plan as well as my families tastes and schedules will not always jive with yours.  In those cases just adjust the plan to what works best for your family.  All the recipes can be found at my online cookbook.  I will post the link so that you can go right there and print off the recipes that appeal to you.  Please let me know if you have any questions for me.  Also, please feel free to share any of this info with friends who you think may be interested. 

Stay tuned for what is on the menu for this month.


No comments:

Post a Comment